29 December 2006

Tired......

Yawn


I am so tired. I didn't get much sleep last night. I think I crawled into bed around 2:30 and was up at 9:00. I have these boughts of insomnia every so often. They normally last just one or two nights, so it's not that big of a deal.

Anyway, I am hoping I to get to bed soon. Of course I can't do that until the bread gets done baking. Yep, I'm baking bread. Bread LOL I've decided that I want to make the bread our family eats. The store bought stuff is getting more expensive. I can't get it for less than $1.40 a loaf around here. Plus, nutritionally it's just not all that great, ya know? I can add all sorts of stuff into the bread I make and it won't make much of a difference. The family is getting used to homemade bread, so as long as it isn't horrible, they won't care. LOL

With all of us home for lunch during the holiday break, we are going through one loaf a day of the homemade stuff. Even the store bought stuff was barely lasting 2 days. So far I have made 3 different recipes. The first one Dave loved the taste of, but he thought it was a bit crumbly. The second one I loved, but I love slightly chewy bread. Yummy The third loaf is baking right now. It's a honey wheat bread and it smells yummy. Plus it has enough honey in it to make the kids like it. Thumbs Up


I figure I'll post later on the trial and error bread making process. It should be interesting. LOL


If anyone has a favorite recipe, please share. It can be a bread machine one or a basic by hand one. It doesn't matter, as long as it's a winner with your family. :)





1 comment:

Amber said...

This is something that I need/want to do to. I can't wait to hear how all your breads turn out. The recipes you posted on SC sound so good. Maybe I will whip up a loaf of bread tonight and see how it turns out.