31 December 2006

Cranberry Muffins..An Experiment in Frugality.

In my quest to be a better homemaker and manager of all things homey, I am trying to make sure that everything gets used up. Right now I have a few things left over from Christmas dinner that need to be taken care of. I have the ham sorted and ready for beans tomorrow and some for casseroles later. Dave just took care of the last little bit of turkey. All that is left is cranberry sauce and some sweet potato casserole. I decided to work with the cranberry sauce first. It's homemade sauce. It's just cranberries, water, sugar, and a couple scoops of orange marmalade. It was yummy.


So, right now I have some muffins in the oven. They smell yummy. I figured cranberry muffins would be good. I guess we'll see. I am going to make another batch, but do it a bit different. I think I will mix the sauce into the muffin batter this time. The first batch, I put a spoonful of sauce on top of the batter and baked. They look like they turned out great, but it would be easier to just mix the berries into the batter. At least that's what I think.



Not sure on what to do with the sweet potato casserole. There isn't much left, so if it ends up getting dumped, I won't be too upset. :)

I'll fill you in later on how the muffins turned out and post the recipe I used and the changes I made.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant wait to hear how they turned out!
God Bless,
Michele