26 December 2006

New Year Traditions

It's almost the New Year and I've been thinking about traditions. Other than having the kids go outside at midnight to annoy the neighbors, we don't have any traditions for New Year's Eve. No special foods, no special activities, nothing. I'm wanting to start something this year though, so I'm on the lookout for what other people do during this time.

I'm thinking maybe some sort of game night, or movie night. Since Griffin is 5, we are a bit limited on the games we can play. And when I say games, I mean traditional board games. So, I'm thinking maybe an appetizer buffet sort of thing, games, maybe a movie, outside to annoy the neighbors Happy New Year 2007, then calling it a night. Of course I would need to plan a menu, but I love that part.

Another thing I am wondering about are actual New Years Day traditions. I'm guessing most people are up until the wee hours of the morning, so anything that happens on New Year's Day wouldn't start until late morning/early afternoon. Again, I'm looking for laid back family activites.

So, please share any traditions you and your family has during this time of year.





1 comment:

Amber said...

Jason and I don't really have any traditions really. We stay home, watch movies, play games (board and video) and just be together. I think I might do some appetizery things though, that is always fun! New Years Day for us is like another day. I guess I'm not much help here am I? LOL. :)