07 March 2007

LIfestyle Changes

So, the base is doing it's own version of The Biggest Loser. It's called Largest Loser. LOL Anyway, it started this week and ends sometime in May.

This week is pretty busy. Monday was registration day. It did say to wear fitness gear(like I own fitness gear) but I had some things to do at the school and I wasn't wearing my ratty sweats there. LOL So, I showed up in jeans, boots and a t-shirt. That was fine for the weigh in and measure part and the briefing. However, they were doing a fitness assessment test. They are going to do another one later on in the program so we can see how we have improved. I wasn't planning it, but it's 15 extra points and you can always use extra points. :)

So, back to this fitness assessment. The first part consisted of running from one set of cones to another set. Fairly simple. When the tape beeps, run to the cones. Easy Peasy. However, the space between the beeps gets shorter and shorter. So, I did alright considering my physical shape and the boots. :) The second part was seeing how many sit-ups and push-ups you can do in 1 minute, I think. I say I think because I managed to crank out 1/2 a push-up and 0 sit-ups. So, I can only get better, right. Now I have to actually attempt to do push-ups and sit-ups. Oh, by the way, they were full sit-ups and standard push-ups, not the girly ones. :)

Tuesday I had a couple of classes. One was a nutrition class (Nutrition 101)and one was called Sensible Weigh. The Sensible Weigh was pretty good. It went over what we should eat, how we should manage our intake and all that jazz. We also got to set up a personal appt with the nutritionist to set up a meal plan. I am doing the personal appt with a friend so that it would be easier for her to fit everyone in. I am really looking forward to that.

Tomorrow there are a couple more classes. One is on emotional eating and the other is a behavior modification class. Before those start, I think we are going to go walking. That should be fun.:) So, since I only have capri's to work out in I need to shave my legs. LOL Well, I do have sweats, but I'm afraid I will be too hot in those.

I hope to keep updating my progress here, so stay tuned for more info. :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a great challenge. And you can only improve, great positive attitude there! :) The classes sound interesting. I can't wait to keep reading your progress!

geeksgirl said...

don't give up girl!!