17 January 2007

Just pondering...

I know it's been a while since I last posted. I haven't really been busy. Just the basics. However, I have been pondering quite a lot of things. I think that there are times in our lives where we just chug along with our lives, not giving much thought to anything really, and there are times where we think alot. I am at that thinking stage. Thinking about everything and nothing at once. :) A true sign of an ADD mind. LOL

I have made quite a few changes in my life over the past year or so. I would say most of them are for the better. Some things I chose to change, some I did not. You know, in the end it doesn't really matter how the changes come about, does it? Life is full of changes, both little and big, and most of the time we don't have much control over them. I mean, really, how much do we actually have to do with the grand plan God has for us? No matter how much we struggle or resist, we end up where God wanted us anyway. It's just a matter of how long it takes us to get there.

One of my favorite quotes is from Abraham Lincoln. It goes like this "I am confident that the Almighty has His plans and will work them out, and whether we see it or not, they will be the best for us." I think this quote sums up faith, really. Faith in God and His plans for us. Not questioning what He tells us to do, just doing it. This is something I struggle with on pretty much a daily basis. I know what I should do, I know what God is leading me to do, but I still question it. I don't have enough faith in Him, I guess. You know, that's not totally true. I have faith that God can do great things. I have seen them. I just think that sometimes my needs aren't that important compared to all the trillions of needs out there. So, I don't ask God to fullfill my needs. I don't ask Him for help when I need it. I guess I just figure he's too busy. Crazy, I know, but that's what I think sometimes. I have worked hard this year to yield more to God, to have faith in Him and His word, and to trust him to take care of things for me. I do have to say when I have stepped out in faith and truly let Him handle things, they have turned out great. Every time.
Now, maybe the didn't work out the way I wanted them to, or as fast as I wanted them to, or whatever, but they always worked out great.

So, I guess that's all for now. Nothing hugely profound, no words of wisdom, no tasks for you or anything. Just my thoughts. :)

No comments: