05 January 2007

Encouraging word of the day

I subscribe to Klove's encouraging word email. Each day they send you a different scripture. It's nice. So, todays scripture was just what I needed.

Encouraging Word:
Friday 1/5/2007
Commit your actions to the LORD,
and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3, NLT

If you have been reading my blog, you know I have started taking a new direction in my life. Living more for God, less for myself. It's working out great. This verse just reaffirms that for me. I have had great success in keeping the house up, starting and finishing new tasks, and just in everything I have done lately. It has been wonderful. I love how God works.

Just this morning I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. The kitchen drain is backing up into the yard. This means I can't use the kitchen sink or the dishwasher until it is fixed. I called the repairman this morning and they "will send someone out as soon as we can". I'm not sure when that will be, but I called a couple of hours ago. :) The mess of the kitchen was driving me nuts. I want it to look pretty. How it's looked for the past 2 weeks. You know, clear counters, empty sink and all that jazz. I just felt like all my effort for the past couple of weeks was fruitless, ya know?

So, I went to finish up my zone work for this week. (The old me would have just parked myself on the couch or in front of the computer for hours)This week it happens to be the entry area, stair way, and upstairs hallway. I'm working on the walls right now. The entry way has been decluttered and those walls have been washed. The stair railings have been washed. Everything has been vac'd (but it can use another going over). The upstairs walls have been washed. I'm almost done. I have 2 1/2 sections of wall to attack with the magic eraser and a window to wash and I'm done with the zone. Did you hear that??? I'm actually going to get an entire zone finished in one week!!!! I have never done that before. I've started a zone, then fizzled out. I've planned to start a zone, then didn't follow through. This time, thanks to the right attitude and keeping the focus on God and what He expects from me as a wife, a mother, and His daughter, I will actually finish an entire zone. :) Praise God.

So, the scripture today was so fitting for me, as they often are. And I am so glad that God finds little ways to show us what we are doing is right. I love how He works, don't you?


1 comment:

blessedabundantly said...

You know, some days they don't but most often they do. :)