12 March 2008

I think I have reached a decision

I *think* I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up. Now, I understand that I am 34 and that most people my age are already "grown up". Now you readers need to understand that your age has nothing to do with being "grown up". Ask anyone I know and they'll tell ya. :)

I am going to go to school to be a nurse. It was a toss up between nursing and teaching, and nursing won. I'll be starting school this fall. If Griffin is still at home doing the homeschooling thing, I'll take night classes. If he's back in school, I'll take day classes. That'll make 4 students in our family of 5. That's a lot of students. :) I am really excited about getting back to school. It is something I have put on hold to be at home with my kiddos. Of course, my kids (and my husband) will always come first. Now that they will all be in school full time and we are living in an area with colleges and universities everywhere, the timing is perfect.

The only issue is the moolah. If the Air Force would get off their duffs and let dependents use the GI bill, all my problems will be solved. I really don't understand how all the other branches of the military have approved letting dependents use the GI bill, but the Air Force still hasn't. It just boggles my mind. :)

Anyway, nursing here I come. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Going back to school is a monumental decision!
Taffy