12 March 2008

Busy Day

Today was super busy for us. We had Griffin's homeschool zoo class, so I had to drive Dave to work so I could have the car. Ah the joys of being a single car household. :) So, my day started at 5:45. I woke David and Lucas up and had Lucas get dressed and got him breakfast. Then it was off to drive Dave to work. I got home, made Lucas' lunch, made sure his teeth and hair were brushed, and sent him off to school.

Next was David's turn. Now being that David is 16, he doesn't need much help from his mother, other than the occasional "isn't it almost time for you to leave?".

Then it was Griffin's turn. As soon as I reminded him it was zoo class day, he was up and getting dressed. I also reminded him that we were actually going into the zoo and having a picnic lunch with another little boy from his zoo class (and his mom, the most important part. LOL)

While Griffin was eating breakfast, I placed an online order for somethings we needed. However, as I pushed "process order" I realized the shipping address was our England address. Oops. So, i looked all over the website for a way to cancel the order, didn't find one. I tried the "live chat" with customer service and I kept getting "all available customer service representatives are busy at this time". Exactly what were all of them doing anyway?!?! I did get a hold of them by phone, eventually. The shipping address was changed and disaster avoided.

A little later than I would have liked, Griffin and I left for the zoo. They learned about food chains and food webs. They talked about carnivores, omnivores, and herbavores. It was pretty neat and Griffin had a great time, as usual.

After the zoo class, we went into the zoo. We walked around a bit, then stopped and ate lunch. Then we looked around the rest of the zoo. We spent quite a lot of time and saw everything there was to see. :)

After the zoo, we went to the park nearby. Griffin and the other little boy played, while the mom's talked. It was nice talking with another homeschool mom. It was a great day.

No comments: