02 January 2007

Home Management Binder

Well, I finally have my Home Management Binder together. There are a few more sections I need to finish up, but it's pretty functional. I figured since it was done, I could post pics and maybe describe it a bit. So, here goes.

Here's the cover

I have Proverbs 31:27-28 on the left hand side. It is a great motivational scripture for me.






Here's what you see when you open it up. This holds a pencil, a pen and sticky notes. I have a thing for sticky notes. LOL They are probably the single most important thing a person needs for organization. ROFLOL




Here's the first page for our calendar section. The picture at the bottom says " To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven". I thought it was fitting for a calendar section. The calenders I use are free from Donna Young.




Here is the master schedule page. The picture at the top says "God did not call me to be succesful. He called me to be faithful" I am still working on tweaking the schedules, but it's all working out just fine.

Here's my cleaning section. In this section I have the daily cleaning schedule, which looks like this:


Cleaning Schedule

Monday-Zone work (see calendar); vac downstairs; 15 minute project

Tuesday-Zone work (see calendar); vac stairs and upstairs (including the boys’ rooms); 15 minute project.

Wednesday-Zone work (see calendar); finish 2 loads of laundry; vac downstairs; 15 minute project.

Thursday- Zone work (see calendar); wash throw rugs; vac stairs and upstairs (including the boys’ rooms); 15 minute project.

Friday-Zone work (see calendar); finish 2 loads of laundry; vac downstairs; 15 minute project.

Saturday-Yard work; trips to dump and/or recycling center; prep for Sunday (meals in crockpot, church clothes ready, .

Sunday-Church; relax w/family.



I also have a step by step emergency quick clean plan I got from here. I have also copied FlyLady's detailed cleaning list and tweaked it a bit. My zones are numbered differently than hers. I did mine based on how my house is layed out from the front door in a sorta clockwise direction. :)It works for me and that's what counts, right? Oh, I also printed out the New Year Grand Plan and have that in there as well. I am also going to put detailed cleaning instructions for each room in this section, so that everyone knows what I mean when I say "go clean your room". LOL There will also be basic directions for washing and drying laundry. I have cards with laundry instructions taped to the inside of the cabinet that holds my laundry supplies, but they are out dated. :)






Here's my Meal Plan, Grocery Lists, and Inventory section. Right now there is nothing in there. :) I will be putting basic instructions on how to make kool-aid and tea for the boys. I plan on putting my pantry and freezer inventory lists in there. I am thinking about having a couple of weeks of pre-planned menus in there. We don't have the opportunity to shop loss leaders here, since there is basically one store to shop at. Don't get me wrong, I can find good deals at the local Tesco, but the majority of my shopping is done on base. Anyway, I figure since there aren't any pesky sales to keep me from pre-planning the menus, I might as well do it. :)


Here's my Inspirational section. I wanted a collective place to keep Laine's Letters and other motivational and inspriation articles and such. So that's what this section is for.

I also have a Phone/Address section. I am still working on a divider for that, so no pictures yet.

All in all, putting together this binder was fun and helpful. It made me really think about what I want to achieve in my home this year and how I needed to go about getting those things done. It was a tremendous eye opener and a major stress reliever. Once I get everything tweaked and in the binder, everything will run more smoothly. No more asking mom 1000 times how to make kool-aid, no more checking up and making sure chores are done "the right way". Everything will have a how-to and everyone will have acess to that. Not at all like now where the only place this valuable information is stored is in my head. LOL So, if you have not started a binder and do not have a managable plan for your home, I suggest you seriously look into it. Now binders might not work for everyone, but I am willing to say they will work for the majority, especially the more scattered, fly by the seat of your pants type like me.

6 comments:

Amber said...

That looks great Denise!! I just might have to make myself on. :)

blessedabundantly said...

Thanks, Amber. It is tremendously helpful.

kandi said...

Where did you find the new year grand plan? I have tried to find it, but can't. Help!

Annie said...

Wow! looks cool too. Thanks for sharing.
child of God

Christina said...

Thanks for the inspiration, I think I might glean some of your ideas to start my own binder.

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...blessings